14 Signs You Might be a Beer Geek
Love of craft beer, a passion for hops and extensive knowledge of all facets of beer making are just three signs that you’re probably a beer geek. (And we mean that in the best way.)
The beer geek…more than just beer lover…this loveable soul is downright passionate about all things stout, lager, ale and pilsner. We’re all familiar with the wine geek, but with more than 1,500 breweries and some amazing craft beers in the U.S., beer aficionados are spawning a new breed of geek. Are you one of them? With our kudos to Jeff Foxworthy, here’s list of signs that you might just be a beer geek.
1. Forget Starbucks, your favorite espresso is a stout.
2. You know the IBUs of your favorite beers.
3. You’d rather watch a marathon of “Jersey Shore” than order a light beer.
4. At restaurants, you ask why they have a wine sommelier but no cicerone.
5. Although you will travel far and wide to attend a Beer Festival, you won’t drink beer out of a can.
6. You describe beer with phrases like “hops monster” and “high gravity” and “bitter bomb.”
7. You can’t tolerate wine snobs who swirl, spit and cleanse their palate with dry crackers.
8. Your special occasion bubbly isn’t Champagne, it’s a $300 Carlsberg Vintage 3 beer that’s been cellar-aged in the French barrels.
9. You’ve experienced CO2 burns in your nostrils (and are proud of it).
10. You spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about what beer to bring to parties.
11. Your idea of sports is the local beer crawl.
12. You’ve brewed and bottled your own beer.
13. You’ve convinced your kids that Santa prefers beer to milk.
14. You can rattle off the kind of glass in which different beer styles should be served.
Special note: if you ever swirl your beer, you are a confused wine snob. Put down the beer and go back to your wine.
Powered by Facebook Comments